Monday, February 1, 2010

Rock in India.

You will never see the light!
Bound to always live by lies!

-No Sympathy For Fools, Behemoth.

For those about to rock, we salute you.
-For Those About To Rock, AC/DC.

Show me the meaning of being lonely
Is this the feeling I need to walk with?
Tell me why
I can't be there where you are
There's something missing in my heart

-Show Me The Meaning, Backstreet Boys.



I smile at the thought of the beautiful evening ahead as I enter the Palace Grounds, wearing a white BSB tee. I look around. Damn! I've never seen so many hot chicks before. Chicks wearing pink tops and all. Hot stuff. I reach the frisk booth. A big mattress of a guy asks me to empty my back-pack. I do so. He gives all the items a quick glance. There's a Fanta bottle. A couple of orange flavored lolli-pops. A spare pink tee. A cap. A Nick-You-Rock poster that I made the previous day. Et al. He nods and lets me in. Like I give a damn. He can hurt me though. I don't want that now, do I? So I, avoiding his gaze, enter the venue. As I enter, the first thing I hear is the song Quit Playing Games With My Heart being played over the system. This is it. All these years of waiting has been worth it. I suddenly remember singing BSB songs with friends in the bus on our way back after school. Good memories. Nostalgia strikes. Is that a tear? Bloody hell. It is. I fail to understand why I cry so often. I remove my handkerchief and wipe the tear off. As I look up, I notice a girl staring at me. She gives me a smile. As if she just read my mind. As if she knew what that tear drop was a product of. As if she'd been there. I smile back. She smiles again and disappears in the crowd. I look around in utter wonder. Excitement. I notice many others sucking on lolli-pops. Gosh! This is fun! Having so many like-minded people at the same place at the same time, all for the love of Rock. As I explore the place more, I realize there are games and rides too, like the ones they have at the amusement parks. Can't get any cooler, seriously. Oh. There are game stalls too. I go to one. There are lolli-pops of different flavors arranged on the floor. What's with lolli-pops! But what the hell, eh? If one manages to throw a ring on any of them, one gets it for free. Swell, innit? Suddenly, I notice some activity on the stage. I see people setting up the equipment. Overflowing with exhilaration, I move towards the stage. As time flies by, the crowd grows bigger and after a while as I stretch up on my toes and look behind, I see endless faces, endless pink tees and endless posters like the one I have. I remove the poster from my bag. As I unroll the rolled paper to admire my own artwork, I notice people around me peeking a glance at it. Apparently, its a well made poster, as I receive compliments. I begin to realize that this is just the beginning of a time I am not going to be able to forget in many years to come. I'm pulled back to reality as the lights go out and I sense some activity on the stage. I can see that people are as anticipated as I am. Thousands of girls screaming Nick's name. Thousands of blokes shouting BSB-rocks slogans. All of a sudden, fireworks go up in the sky and form the shape of a heart like in the movies. The stage lights up and there they are! The five legends! All of them dressed up in the most dazzling, shimmering, sparkling outfits I've ever seen. The crowd goes into a frenzy as the deafening roar of cheer and love for the boy band fills the air of the Palace Grounds.

This is not Rock! Its pretty fucking far from it.

5 comments:

Nikhil said...

Whoa...and you are back to blogosphere with a bang :). Cant even begin to imagine what a Fag-Fest this year's 'fRock in India' promises to be tho. ur description pretty much fills that void. Burn in hell, Crapstreet Bugs and RIP Indian Metal. Fuck u DNA-'Quit playing Games with my balls':|.

\m/ Metal For Eternity \m/
Count Grishnackh

Such! said...

.

Slayer said...

Awesome blog man!
All hail lolli-pops. xD
But the point is that the decision has been made, nobody can do nothing about it. So learn to accept the reality and move on with it. :)

Aditya said...

seriously man..
these rock in india motherfuckers should be executed. straight.

William Deng-Deng K. said...

@ Count Grishnackh : I swear man. If not anything, call indian metal bands. Even that'll do. We've plenty of great ones. But BSB? :|

@ BF : :| Just a dot?

@ Slayer : Thanks man. And I know, we have to move on, get over it. But still, its such a shock! BSB, man. :|

@ Dot-Dot : Precisely.