Saturday, September 12, 2009

Thump-Day.

I just came back from my first long ride. And I speeded a little. I know I'm not supposed to do that till 3000 km on odo. Now I won't. But still. Its not fair na. Thump had all the road ahead empty and just for it to zoom-zoom on. But people tell me its not good to run it at speeds more than 50-60 kph till it completes 3000. How :| is that. Run-In, they say.

Anyway. I just did a 100-km-trip and I'm happy. And fresh. I didn't sleep through the night. Still, I'm fresh. I was all my spirit is cryin' for leaving this weekend. Certain people will agree. Today was my Thump's long-awaited deflowering. And now my Thump is no longer a virgin. But I'm scared now, of the mileage. I'm going to get fucked now. For sure. Fur sure.

Today's ride was awesome, cave-man style. These :

1. Thump's got the thump alright. But the power! You can feel every bit of those 18 horses jammed in that beautiful engine. @-100 was ecstatic. Throttling has never felt so, .. pleasantly plastic. So wood-like. But in an extremely good-good way. A Bullet, after all, is all about the charming, antediluvian ways of the 50s. Ah!

2. Speedman's Wobble. Fuck! Scary when you actually experience it. And even scarier when you know its called the Speedman's Wobble.

3. Sun, shades, and the open road. Thump lived up to its name today. I finally got a reason to wear those aviators.

I'm going to do this more often. Like very often. All hail vibrations!

12 comments:

Nikhil said...

Hmmm....kickass stuff !! Atleast someone's having fun in these otherwise drab times in VNIT :) .

Tyrant said...

Fuck!!Where the hell did you go man?Finally your Bullet has ventured beyond the tapris near VNIT!!And three digits must have been thrilling man!!And..

"Be careful with thy wobble,
Lest it also be thy last topple!!"

cheers,

Aditya said...

Doesn't matter Deng..
Run-in is just a myth..
no different than apocalypse.

Unknown said...

Deng!!!! hot stuff dude :) :) :) sounds only so awesome... i can totally imagine how good it actually was! me wants a ride at that speed (after the 3000 mark :P)
anyway dont fuck around anymore :| its seriously not good for ur bike...
“Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears.”
And i swear i dint make that one up ;)

Dharini said...

Road Trip! Super-fricking awesome! Way to go man.

Such! said...

Mate!!
Suuupp?!!
You know, i'm not even gonna pretend i understood it, i'll just give you a big, huge, sloppy grin..

Such! said...

Mate!!
Suuupp?!!
You know, i'm not even gonna pretend i understood it, i'll just give you a big, huge, sloppy grin..

Such! said...

Mate!!
Suuupp?!!
You know, i'm not even gonna pretend i understood it, i'll just give you a big, huge, sloppy grin..

William Deng-Deng K. said...

@ BF : I went on a long ride on my Bullet. :) Bigger, huger, sloppier grin? :) And another one's in the making. :) :)

@ Veera, Dharini, Count, Tyrant : :)

@ Dotdot : I wish. :|

Unknown said...

This page just needed a seasoning of Aggie.
Who is suitably gobsmacked at thy awesomness.
Wobble. Scary shite.
and speeding is such bliss.
I mean there's no way you can possibly avoid it :)

Such! said...

Ok, I must have been very happy for you.
Why else would i have said the same thing 3 times otherwise? :|

William Deng-Deng K. said...

@ Aggie : Thou's seasoning is just what this blog needed, yes. :) Wobble is scary, man. And like thou said, one just can't avoid speeding, eh?

@ BF : Guess so. Alright, I take all that back. :)